Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Chaos Theory



I found today's discussion around Chaos Theory to be extremely interesting. The whole idea of change and growth only being possible through turbulance or discord is so true and applicable to all areas of our lives. I have a quote that I have stuck to the corner of my computer by Juan Ramon Jimenez. It states, "A permanent state of transition is man's most noble condition."
I know that I need to place an Amazon to get some of the books that Tony recommended. I wish I had more time to read the many, many titles we've been exposed to.


2 comments:

Leigh said...

Think of all the chaos we have experienced in our individual lives over the past year. We are always evolving and changing, and I think, growing from the changes. So your quote is especially apt for this group. I think in order to become educational leaders, we have to be somewhat chaotic all the time!! :)

LexiLaur1 said...

I love the picture effect. The Margaret Wheatley book is a great read. I was first exposed to it over 10 years ago when I worked in Spokane, WA. I would agree that chaos is a great impetus for change.